TITLE:Registered Primary Care Paramedic
PROGRAM:Blood Tribe Emergency Services
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Bringing the Spirit Home Program provides hope for those who are affected by substance dependency. Under the close supervision of a team of physicians, paramedics, counsellors, nurses, peer support workers and elders, the client’s path to recovery is carefully monitored based on their individual needs. Individuals will receive respectful and culturally-safe services in a safe and supportive environment.
Under the direction of the Medical Doctor, you will be responsible to ensure the health and safety of all clients admitted by ambulance or self referral to the medical detoxification facility.
- Must have a minimum of grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully completed training as a Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) from an approved program
- Registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics
- Valid CPR health care provider, and all qualifications that meet the requirements of the Health Professions Act and Regulations
- Class 4 drivers licence with less than 6 demerits points or prohibition from driving under the criminal code.
- Knowledge of Blackfoot language and customs would be an asset.
- Functions effectively both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills while working directly with patients.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Knowledge of and commitment to evidence-based practices in the field of addiction and mental health.
- The ability to work within and contribute to a positive team environment.
- An understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with individuals who struggle with substance dependency
- Take responsibility to maintain or improve personal health and well-being.
- In accordance with the BTDH Salary Grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until Suitable Candidate found.
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Drivers Abstract, Copies of Credentials, Current Criminal Record Check and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.