TITLE: Mentor MCH/PCAP
PROGRAM: First Steps for Healthy Babies – Community Health Services
REPORTING TO: Team Lead
SUMMARY OF WORK
The Mentor is to provide support to pregnant women, single fathers and families with infants, and young children so that they can reach their fullest developmental and lifetime potential. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting family assessments, develop and implement prevention and intervention strategies (including addictions, homelessness and family violence) to stabilize families and refer to existing community resources for longer term family support programs. The Parent Child Assistance Program (PCAP) focuses more on those with existing addiction issues, clients are mothers, single fathers and families with infants and young children, from prenatal to the age of 3 years. The Maternal Child Health Program (MCH) focuses more on the at-risk young mothers with infants or young children, from prenatal to the age of 6 years. Each mentor will work with both programs PCAP & MCH. This position is open to both male and female mentors.
- Diploma in Early Childhood, Social Work, and or Addictions Services diploma
- One-year experience in Addiction Field or working with families
- Current CPR (BCLS/HCP) certification
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s License or Class 5 and willing to gain a Class 4 within 30 days after employment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Blackfoot culture and community.
- In accordance with the BTDH Salary Grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until Suitable Candidate is found.
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Drivers Abstract, Copies of Credentials, Current Criminal Record Check and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
E-mail: [email protected]
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
BTDH Thanks all of those whom apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.