TITLE: Mental Health Worker
REPORTING TO: Wellness Director
The Mental Health Support Worker, under the direct supervision of the Director of Wellness, provides supervised care to clients and their families by applying professional mental health practice standards involving a wide range of activities associated with assessments, implementation of interventions, counseling, including group therapy, provision of resource/support services, aftercare plans and advocacy
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide counseling and small group counseling of the therapeutic nature to those experiencing stress/trauma that is affecting their ability to cope with life issues.
- Provide follow-up services as well as referrals and information regarding other support resources that may be appropriate to individual clients and families.
- Assist, develop and participate in community presentations and healing workshops.
- Teaches and encourages clients to implement healthy living skills of daily living.
- Coordinates and where applicable, chairs case and family conferences.
- Confers with and shares information with multidisciplinary Wellness team, as appropriate to ensure continuum of care.
- Liaises with other health care facilities, community agencies and utilizes such resources in formulating and implementing treatment plans.
- Completes a comprehensive Mental Health Assessment of referred clients.
- Acts as a resource person to other members of the Wellness Centre in the areas of Mental Health.
- Performs other duties as required by the Director and where appropriate.
- Bachelor of Psychology, Social Work or Addictions Counseling, or equivalent
- Certifications as required by program/department.
- Current ASIST, certification to be re-certified every two years.
- Current CISM certification, to be re-certified every three years.
- Current Class 4 driver’s license.
- Salary Grid as established by BTDH.
Deadline for Application: Until Suitable Candidate is found.
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Drivers Abstract, Current Criminal Record Check, System Information Check, Copies of Credentials and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
c/o: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
Email: [email protected]
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
BTDH Thanks all of those whom apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.