TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse (1 yr. term)
DEPARTMENT: Kainai Home Care
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Provides clinical nursing services within his/her scope of practice to assigned home care/services to the client upon the delegation of the Registered Nurse.
- Graduate of approved practical nurse program with current license.
- Current registration with College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta.
- Other certifications/competencies as required by registering body and as required by program/department i.e. wound care, WHMIS, PPE, etc.
- Current CPR certification, to be re-certified annually.
- Current First Aid certification, to be re-certified every three years.
- Current Class 4 driver’s license.
- Current certification in Transportation of Dangerous Goods, to be re-certified every three years.
- Current basic and advanced foot care certification.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in related clinical area.
- Minimum of three years experience in nursing.
- Shall be mature, flexible, pleasant and exercise a high degree of initiative and judgment.
- Must have necessary communication and interpersonal skills to provide effective interaction between all persons, including co workers.
- Must act with integrity and treat all information regarding clients, physicians, staff, and financial and operational status of the organization as confidential.
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of community resources preferred.
- Application of proper body mechanic principles.
- Ability to problem-solve and have critical thinking skills.
- Able to set priorities in the face of multiple demands.
- Assumes responsibility to maintain or improve personal health and well-being.
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Able to sit, walk, transfer, lift, carry equipment and supplies.
- In accordance with BTDH salary grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: October 23, 2020 by 4 pm
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Three (3) updated references, Copy of Credentials (Degree and Certificates), Current Criminal Record Check to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
P.O Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
Email: [email protected]
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.