TITLE: Addictions Counselor- Full Time Permanent
PROGRAM: Kainai Wellness Center- National Native Alcohol and Drug Program (NNADAP)
The NNADAAP Counselor/Worker is an addictions counselor, providing treatment services in an ‘outpatient’ or ‘in-community’ setting. The Addictions Counselor will provide counseling services to individuals, groups, and family members for substance abuse, and related problems as required, liaises with other substance abuse professionals to create treatment plans for a broad range of addiction issues.
- Graduate of an Approved Addiction Diploma Program and/or Degree in Addictions for an accredited Post–Secondary Institute.
- Certified in field of addictions (e.g. CACII, CCPC, CACCF)
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the prevention, treatment, and aftercare components of the NNADAP program.
- Knowledge and experience in traditional and contemporary healing practices and experience in working with Elders, healers and clinicians.
- Must provide a Criminal Record check
- Must provide a Child Welfare Information System check (CWIS)
- Must possess a Valid Driver’s License, Class 4 or 6A Endorsement
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Must possess a current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent written and oral communication/facilitation skills.
- Minimum of two years of experience in related field.
- Minimum of two years sobriety.
- Knowledge of the Blackfoot Culture and traditions would be an asset.
- Ability to speak Blackfoot language would be an asset.
- Salary Grid as established by BTDH.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 24, 2020 by 4 pm.
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Drivers Abstract, Current Criminal Record Check, System Information Check, Copies of Credentials and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
Email: [email protected]
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.