TITLE: Health Care Aide- Casual
DEPARTMENT: Continuing Care Centre
UNIT: Long Term Care
REPORTING TO: Nurse Manager
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Health Care Aide (HCA) reports directly to the Registered Nurse/ Licensed Practical Nurse on duty. Performs personal care activities; interacts with Residents, family and staff in a positive and supportive manner.
- Shall be mature, flexible, pleasant and exercise a high degree of initiative and judgement.
- Must have necessary communication and interpersonal skills to provide effective interaction between all persons, including coworkers.
- Must act with integrity and treat all information regarding Residents, physician, employees, and financial and operational status of the organization as confidential.
- Knowledge of roles of the multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of community resources preferred.
- Application of proper body mechanic principles.
- Able to set priorities in the face of multiple demands.
- Able to provide and receive feedback.
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Able to sit, walk, transfer, lift, carry equipment and supplies.
- Graduate of an accredited HCA program.
- Current CPR, to be re-certified annually.
- Current First Aid, to be re-certified every three years.
- Safe food handling certificate.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in related clinical area.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as HCA.
- In accordance with BTDH salary grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Extended to March 17, 2020 by 4 pm.
Please forward a Cover letter, Resume, Current Criminal Record Check, and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
Email: [email protected]
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.