TITLE: Nurse Practitioner
DEPARTMENT: Bringing the Spirit Home and Levern Clinic
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Nurse Practitioner will contribute to quality collaborative inter professional patient care through advanced clinical practices, leadership, consultations, referrals, education and research. The Nurse Practitioner will be working in both Bringing the Spirit Home program and the Lavern Clinic. As Nurse Practitioner, you are authorized and competent to perform comprehensive assessment, diagnosis (including the ordering and interpretation of tests), intervention (including the prescribing of medications, wound interventions, pre and postnatal care to high risk mothers and infants), management, referral, and evaluation of client care across the continuum of health care services.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to enable working directly with patients and their family members.
- Demonstrate strong decision making/problem solving abilities.
- Experience in a wide range of assessment, treatment and therapeutic interventions, health promotion, diagnostic procedures, wound care, and follow-up care in the community.
- Computer literacy skills (i.e. CHIP, NetCare, etc).
- Harm reduction experience required (assessment skills related to substance abuse and misuse, initiating and prescribing Suboxone therapy, responding to OD, STI screening, knowledge of HEP C and HIV).
- Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner Program at a minimum of a Master of Nursing level or equivalent.
- Active or eligible licensure with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) in the Family/All Ages Stream.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support – Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP). ACLS and PALS certification also required.
DEADLINE: Extended to February 26, 2020 by 4 PM
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Drivers Abstract, Current Criminal Record Check, System Information Check, Copies of Credentials and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O Human Resources
PO Box 229
STAND OFF, AB
Email: [email protected]
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.