TITLE: Fire Fighter
PROGRAM: Blood Tribe Emergency Services
REPORTING TO: Fire Chief or Designate
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Fire Chief or designate of the Blood Tribe Emergency Services, you are accountable to deliver fire suppression, prevention, respond to dangerous incidents. The Fire Fighter is also responsible for operating and maintaining firefighting equipment, including vehicles, hoses, and the fire station
• Extensive knowledge of the operation of all apparatus, equipment and methods used in combating, extinguishing and preventing fires and in rescue work.
• Extensive knowledge of emergency medical care, safety practices, ambulance operations, and necessary actions for responses to leaks and spills of hazardous materials.
• Knowledge of rules and regulations of the fire service, and applicable provincial legislation.
• Knowledge of maintenance of service equipment and facilities.
• Knowledge of building construction, wiring, hydraulics and the geography of the Blood Tribe.
• Agility and strength to perform prolonged and arduous work under adverse conditions.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Skill in the operation of all firefighting, rescue, and medical equipment.
• Valid CPR and First Aide (on the Job Training will be provided).
• Minimum Highschool courses completed.
• Must hold a valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s license
• Knowledge of the Blood Tribe culture and language an asset
• In accordance with the BTDH Salary Grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Ongoing
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Drivers Abstract, Copies of Credentials, Current Criminal Record Check and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
BTDH Thanks all of those whom apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.