LOCATION: Isolation Unit
REPORTING TO: Isolation Team Lead
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Cook is responsible to provide healthy, nutritious meals to patients residing in the Isolation Unit. The cook will create the menu, lead the kitchen staff and ensure the kitchen runs smoothly and effectively. The cook will keep track of kitchen inventory and promote food safety. Maintain cleanliness and order, and ensure their workplace is compliant with Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc. safety standards.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods.
- Supervise kitchen staff.
- Oversee the preparation, cooking and handling of food.
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions.
- Monitor and order supplies.
- Oversee the overall cleaning of the kitchen.
- Oversee employees in preparation, cooking and handling of food.
- Assist new employee orientation.
- Participates in the maintenance of a quality improvement environment throughout the organization such as the BTDH Accreditation status can be maintained
- Graduate of secondary school.
- Graduate of other related field courses.
- Completion of Safe Food Handling course.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in related field.
- In accordance with BTDH salary grid.
Deadline for Application: Ongoing
Please forward a Letter of Application, Resume, Criminal Record Check, Credentials and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
c/o: Human Resources Assistant
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
Incomplete application will not be accepted.
BTDH Thanks all of those whom apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.