TITLE: Community Health Registered Nurse Casual
DEPARTMENT: Community Health Services
REPORTING TO: Nurse Manager
SUMMARY OF WORK
Reporting to the Nurse Manager of Community Health at Blood Tribe Department of Health, the Community Health Nurse is responsible and accountable for the safe, quality care of clients, family and community. The CHN participates in health promotion and prevention strategies to meet the needs of the community in accordance with CARNA Nursing Practice Standards. This position requires experience and knowledge of all aspects of Public Health Nursing. The CHN is required to work with the Community Health team and have the knowledge of mandatory and core programs. The CHN is responsible for delegating tasks and responsibilities to Community Health Representatives and Health Care Aides, and support staff as required.
- Bachelor of Nursing required;
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA);
- Current CPR (BCLS/HCP) certification;
- Current Innoculist Certification;
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s License; if none exists: The successful candidate will be given 30 days to complete the Class 4 requirement.
- Demonstrates excellent assessment, organizational and patient care skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills required;
- Proficient computer skills are required for electronic documentation and communication;
- Three years Community Health Nursing experience preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Blackfoot culture and community.
- COVID vaccine training.
- In accordance with the BTDH Salary Grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: April 2, 2021 by 4:30pm
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Drivers Abstract, Copies of Credentials, Current Criminal Record Check and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
E-mail: [email protected]
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
BTDH Thanks all of those whom apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.