TITLE: Communication and Public Relations Specialist
PROGRAM: Health Administration
Reporting To: Administration Office Manager
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Communication and Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of the Blood Tribe Department of Health Communication Strategic Plan. The Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the creation of a positive image of the organization to the media, clients, shareholders, and the general public. This position, will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Directors and Managers to ensure communication of new and existing programs are well communicated internally and externally. The position will create press releases, articles and online communications, and coordinate media interaction. This individual directs the development of organizations publications, including shareholder materials.
- Post-Secondary Education in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in a communications or public relations capacity.
- Must have excellent computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Adobe desktop publishing and web-authoring products.
- Must have class 5 driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to travel and be able to work overtime if necessary.
- Must have strong knowledge of Blackfoot culture, tradition and language.
- And knowledge of multi-media equipment.
- In accordance with BTDH salary grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 26, 2021 at 4:30 pm.
Please forward a Cover letter, Resume, Current Criminal Record Check and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O Human Resources
PO Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
EMAIL: [email protected]
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
BTDH Thanks all of those whom apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.