TITLE: Health Care Aide- Casual
DEPARTMENT: Bringing the Spirit Home
REPORTING TO: EMS Director
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Health Care Aide (HCA) will contribute to quality collaborative interprofessional client care through clinical practices, education and research. The HCA will aid the team as needed within the program. Working to full scope of practice and will utilize decision making skills to provide care to individuals, families, groups and the community. This will include interacting with service uses on site and during outreach, as well as distributing Harm Reduction materials and providing information and referrals when needed.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to enable working directly with client and their family members.
- Promotes a healthy/safe environment for the clients and employees.
- Demonstrates responsible, professional and organizational behavior.
- Demonstrate strong decision making/problem solving abilities.
- Experience in a wide range of health promotion activities and follow-up care in the community.
- Maintains accurate records of care given to assist with monthly reports.
- Assists with monthly inventory counts and ordering supplies as needed with all programs.
- Communicate with Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Paramedics and other care attendants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in providing compassionate care and support
- Health Care Aide Certificate
- Current CPR and WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) certification (required)
- Computer skills – accessing the internet, email and use of Microsoft Office (Word)
- Knowledge of STBBI (asset)
- In accordance with the BTDH Salary Grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 25, 2020 by 4 pm
Please forward a Cover letter, Resume, Current Criminal Record Check, Current Child Intervention Check, Copies of Credential and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
Email: [email protected]
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.