The Blood Tribe Department of Health is actively monitoring the Corona Virus (COVID-19). The best way to protect yourself and community is by preventing the spread of germs by:
- Washing your hands often, followed by hand sanitizer if available
- Coughing and sneezing into your arm
- Throwing away used tissues right away
- Avoiding touching your eyes nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cleaning work surface areas, phones, cellphones regularly.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick. Stay home if you are sick to avoid illness to others.
If you have questions or concerns about your health call health link at 811.
Daily updates can be accessed at ahs.ca/ncov
The Blood Tribe Department of Health is actively preparing for outbreak management. We will be meeting with community groups, agency departments and public in the coming weeks to provide information and updates.
For more information Contact Tara Shouting, Infection Prevention and Control, Lori Healy, Community Health Nurse Manager, or Sandra Shade, Director of Client Services at 403-737-3933.
Blood Tribe Department of Health encourages Community Members to get their seasonal influenza vaccine which is available every Friday at the Community Health Clinic until March 31, 2020.