TITLE: Medical Social Worker
FTE: 1.0 Permanent
PROGRAM: Client Services
REPORTING TO: Director of Client Services
The Medical Social Worker is a member of the multidisciplinary team and will be responsible for providing medical
social services to the:
• Home Care Clientele and families
• Long-Term Care Residents and families
The Medical Social Worker will collaborate regularly with the Nurse Managers in Home Care and Long-Term Care and
the Office Manager of Continuing Care by ensuring the delivery of Social Work services to clients and Residents is of
high quality for successful outcomes.
PROFESSIONAL& PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Current registration and in good standing with the College of Alberta Social Workers.
• Other certifications/competencies as required by registering body and as required by program/department.
o Current CPR certification, to be re-certified annually.
o Current first aid certification, to be re-certified every three years.
o Current class 4 driver’s license.
• Have necessary communication and interpersonal skills to provide effective interaction between all persons,
• Have effective organizational skills.
• Ability to:
o Function independently and effectively in a dynamic environment.
o Set priorities in the face of multiple demands.
• Assume responsibility to maintain or improve personal health and well-being.
• Provide and receive constructive feedback.
• Understanding of the Blackfoot culture and language.
• In accordance with Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc. salary grid
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Extended to September 25, 2023
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Drivers Abstract, Copies of Credentials, Current Criminal Record Checkincluding vulnerable sector and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED