POSITION: Medical Driver/Vehicle Maintenance
PROGRAM: Home Care
REPORTING TO: Health Care Aide Supervisor
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Under the Supervision of the Health Care Aide Supervisor, the Medical Drivers are an integral part of the Home Care program and will ensure Clients are transported safely with the highest quality health service. AS well, ensure all vehicles in the Home Care program are operating safely.
The Medical Driver/Vehicle Maintenance personnel will:
- Safely transport Home Care clients to Home Care services:
- Scheduled treatments,
- Foot Care
- Provide supply delivery to the clientele as directed by the HCA Supervisor.
- Maintain home care units on a scheduled on a regular basis.
PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have current Class 4 Driver’s license and clean drivers abstract.
- Other certifications/competencies as required by the organization:
- Current CPR certification, to be re-certified annually
- First Aid, to be re-certified every three years
- Current Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
- Have necessary communication and interpersonal skills to provide effective interaction.
- Set priorities in the face of multiple demands.
- Have organizational skills
- Have time management skills
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Apply proper body mechanic principles.
- Able to sit, walk, transfer, life, carry equipment and supplies.
- Assume responsibility to maintain or improve personal health and well-being.
- Able to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- In accordance with the Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc. Salary Grid
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Ongoing
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Current Criminal Record Check, Driver’s Abstract and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O Human Resources