The Kainai Home Care Program provides nursing, home and personal support services to eligible Blood Tribe members throughout their life. Community Care and Population Health
- Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses provide the services and in-home based on needs identified through client assessment.
- Services include diabetes monitoring, wound management, teaching/education, palliative care, foot care, and vitals monitoring, medication review and monitoring.
Other services include:
- Personal Care Aide Program: personal Care Aides are supervised by an RN. This team provides respite care in the home and the Whirlpool bath program.
- Diabetes and Heart Health Program: Blood Tribe members receive one on one counseling regarding their Diabetes and/or heart conditions. The Diabetes team consists of a Diabetes Educator and a Registered Dietitian. Together they complete a thorough assessment and develop an action plan. This team also provides health promotion for the Blood Tribe Community and employees. They will do home visits, community workshops and presentations on healthy eating and physical activity
- Occupational Therapy: upon an assessment this program provides aids to daily living through NIHB. An equipment loan program and inventory has been established to meet needs of community members.
- Medical Equipment: Various items may be rented or staff will assist clientele to obtain equipment based on needs
- Medical Driver: Provides transportation to and from foot care, Whirlpool bath, and diabetes programs. As well as maintain the Home Care vehicles.
- Medical Social Work: Provides advocacy and support to the home care clientele.
- Other staff: administrative assistant, receptionist and security personnel.
Hours of Operation Monday-Friday 8:30 am- 4:30 pm
Blood Tribe Dept. of Health Inc.
Kainai Home Care
Box 148 Standoff, AB TOL I YO
(403) 737-2040/ Fax: (403) 737-3016