TITLE: Youth Addictions Counselor- National Native Alcohol and Drug Program (NNADAP)
DEPARTMENT: Kainai Wellness Center
REPORTING TO: Director of Kainai Wellness Center
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The NNADAP Youth Counselor is an addictions counselor, providing treatment services in an ‘outpatient’ or ‘in-community’ setting. The Addictions Counselor will provide counseling services to youth, youth groups, and family members for substance abuse, and related problems as required, liaises with other substance abuse professionals to create treatment plans for a broad range of addiction issues.
- Graduate of an Approved Addiction Diploma Program and/or Degree in Addictions from an accredited Post–Secondary Institute.
- Certified in field of addictions (e.g. CACII, CCPC, CACCF)
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the prevention, treatment, and aftercare components of the NNADAP program.
- Knowledge and experience in traditional and contemporary healing practices and experience in working with Elders, healers and clinicians.
- Must possess a Valid Driver’s License, Class 4 or 6A Endorsement.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Must possess a current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Current ASIST – Suicide Prevention Training
- Good computer skills
- Good written and oral communication.
- Minimum of two years of experience in related field (e.g. Child and Youth Care)
- Minimum of two years sobriety.
- Knowledge of the Blackfoot Culture and traditions would be an asset.
- Ability to speak Blackfoot language would be an asset.
DEADLINE: Until Suitable Candidate Found
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Drivers Abstract, Current Criminal Record Check, System Information Check, Copies of Credentials and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O Human Resources
PO Box 229
STAND OFF, AB
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.