TITLE: Indian Residential School Community Engagement
DEPARTMENT: Kainai Wellness Centre
REPORTING TO: Director of Kainai Wellness Center
This front-line position involves working directly with people who were/are affected by the Indian Residential School System in ways that are equitable and inclusive, requiring skills and approaches that reflect a strong social inclusion perspective. We are looking for experienced community engagement workers to support community-based projects.
- A social science degree is preferred
- Knowledge in Blackfoot traditions and language
- An understanding of Indian Residential School historical and culture analysis
- Practical experience working directly with community members, groups, and organizations on community issues
- Familiarity with health and community services
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with communities
- Strong interpersonal and group communication skills, experience in facilitation is an asset.
- Good judgment in interpersonal relations and complex group dynamics
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, schedule and perform complex tasks with minimum supervision
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Resourceful problem-solver who takes initiative
- Working knowledge of standard office applications such as Word, Outlook, Excel and Explorer.
Deadline for Application: Extended until a suitable candidate is found
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Current Criminal Record Check, and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/o Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.