TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse – Casual
DEPARTMENT: Long Term Care – Nursing
REPORTING TO: Registered Nurse
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Provides clinical nursing services within his/her scope of practice to the residents of Kainai Continuing Care – Long Term Care upon the delegation of the Registered Nurse.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs required nursing care for residents as delegated from the Registered Nurse.
- Confers and shares information with multidisciplinary health care team, as appropriate, to ensure continuum of care.
- Participates in staff meetings and scheduled in services.
- Participates in shift change report.
- Attends professional meetings, conferences and workshops to maintain knowledge base and skills, as department resources permit.
- Maintains confidentiality of client records and up-to-date charting on all interventions.
- Participate in the process that will seek resident input and feedback with respect to service quality.
- Graduate of approved Practical Nurse program with current license.
- Current registration with College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta
- Other certifications/competencies as required by registering body and as required by program/department.
- Current CPR certification, to be re-certified annually.
- Current Frist Aid certification, to be re-certified every three years.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in related clinical area.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in nursing.
- Current basic and advanced foot care certification.
- In accordance with BTDH salary grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 21, 2019 by 4 pm
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Copies of Credentials, Current Criminal Record Check and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
c/o: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.