TITLE: Health Promoter- Nutrition
DEPARTMENT: Community Health
REPORTING TO: Registered Dietitian
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Health promoter will be responsible to promote healthy behaviors, create supportive environments, enable the community to increase control over, and to improve, their health. The Health Promoter will also implement traditional lifestyles and cultural practices in the Health Promotion activities and education. The Health Promoter will also work in collaboration with the Registered Dietitian to carry out projects related to Food Security, Prenatal and Early Childhood Education and Prevention, Diabetes, Youth and Children.
- Completion of a Post-Secondary education from a recognized university or college in health, social science, adult education, or a related discipline and significant relevant experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and group facilitation skills.
- Experience and knowledge of health promotion and education, community organizing techniques, social marketing, program design and evaluation as it relates to youth.
- At least three years of health promotion/education experience in a community-based organization involving youth and their families.
- As established by the BTDH Salary Grid
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: July 16, 2019 by 4 pm
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Current Criminal Record Check, Copy of Credentials (Degree and Certificates) and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
c/o Human Resources
P.O. Box 380
Stand Off, AB T0L 1Y0
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.