Title: Community Health Nurse
Department: Community Health Services
Posting: June 14, 2019
Posting Close Date: July 29, 2019
Location: Blood Tribe Department of Health
Employee Class: Full Time
Rates of Pay: per UNA Agreement
SUMMARY OF WORK
Reporting to the Nurse Manager of Community Health at Blood Tribe Department of Health, the Community Health Nurse is responsible and accountable for the safe, quality care of clients, family and community. The CHN participates in health promotion and prevention strategies to meet the needs of the community in accordance with CARNA Nursing Practice Standards. This position requires experience and knowledge of all aspects of Public Health Nursing. The CHN is required to work with the Community Health team and have the knowledge of mandatory and core programs. The CHN is responsible for delegating tasks and responsibilities to Community Health Representatives and Health Care Aides, and support staff as required.
Successful applicants must have:
- Bachelor of Nursing required;
• Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA);
• Naloxone Education Training per CARNA;
• Current CPR (BCLS/HCP) certification;
• Current Innoculist Certification;
• Valid Class 4 Driver’s License; if none exists: The successful candidate will be given 30 days to complete the Class 4 requirement.
• Demonstrates excellent assessment, organizational and patient care skills;
• Ability to communicate effectively, strong interpersonal and problem solving skills required;
• Proficient computer skills are required for electronic documentation and communication;
• Three years Community Health Nursing experience preferred;
• Knowledge and understanding of the Blackfoot culture and community.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 15, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Please forward a Letter of Application, Resume, CARNA Registration, Drivers Abstract, Criminal Record Check and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
c/o: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
Incomplete Applications will not be accepted.