TITLE: Community Dietitian
DEPARTMENT: Community Health
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Dietitian will be responsible to work in collaboration with the Health Promoter to carry out projects related to Food Security, Prenatal and Early Childhood Education and Prevention, Diabetes, Youth and Children. The Dietitian will also be responsible to provide education sessions on diabetes management to clients living with pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes in both individual and group settings. The Dietitian will aim to teach and promote healthy food relationships and lifestyles that will decrease incidences of chronic disease and optimize health.
- Completion of Bachelor of Science degree other related field with a major in Foods and Nutrition.
- Active or eligible for registration with the College of Dietitians of Alberta (CDA).
- Previous experience of a minimum 5 years as a Dietitian in a healthcare setting.
- Strong communication skills/ experience communicating provincially.
- Experience using Nutrition Care Process.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power-point).
- Strong understanding of health literacy and plain language.
- Experience leading or participating in practice-based research.
- In accordance with the BTDH salary grid
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: July 19, 2019 by 4 pm
Please forward a Letter of Cover Letter, Resume, Copy of Credentials (Degree and Certificates) Current Criminal Record Check and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
c/o Human Resources
PO Box 229
Stand Off, AB T0L 1Y0
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.